50-word entry description
BetConstruct have developed SFM Detector to reduce the number of suspicious fixed matches all over the world, helping operators fight risky matches and deliver a better player experience.
250-word synopsis in bullet form summarising the key points
SFM Detector by BetConstruct is designed to:
- Classify matches according to risk levels (four levels)
- Notify operators about suspicious bets
- Ultimately, decrease the number of suspicious fixed matches.
A typed statement of no more than 1,000 words addressing the Question and Answer format below
A) Why is your company entering this award category?
B) What has the individual or company nominated done to qualify for this award?
C) What benefits to your company and its customers can be illustrated as a result?
D) What measurements of success best illustrate why your company/this individual should win this award?
We have created the Suspicious Fixed Matches (SFM) Detector to protect betting companies from financial loss, caused by customers who possess information about suspicious fixed matches.
It is designed to detect SFMs instantly. During the test run, we saw SFM-related losses decrease approximately by 80%.
The steps are as follows:
1. Checking the blacklist. If an athlete or a team is found on our blacklist, the game is automatically blocked and odds are not set.
2. Suspicious bets. IP and data identification of suspicious customers are carried out against our database. If they match up, the game is blocked immediately, and an analysis of the playing behaviour and risk assessment are conducted.
3. A concentration of customers, registered from one or several suspicious IP-addresses for the same event. Experience has shown that the risk level of the match in such situations should be assessed at 90% or higher.
4. LIVE Chat. If we see a suspicious bet, but do not have any match of data or IP- addresses, we use live chat to check information regarding suspicious bets with other betting companies. In this case, we can say, that a match has a high-risk level if similar bets are simultaneously placed in two or more betting companies.
The blacklist includes athletes or teams that have been at least once noticed in playing a suspicious match. Each athlete or team is included in the list only when the risk level is assessed at 90% or more, and the risk of a player or a team appearing in the list unfairly is ruled out. We suggest this evaluation considering a variety of details and facts. For example, we have created a database of clients and their IPs. This database includes customers who have at least once placed a bet on SFM and only after their betting history has been thoroughly investigated for any coincidences. We use all available information about suspicious customers to increase the effectiveness of our product, including data from our large number of partners in over 60 countries.
Depending on the four logics of SFM detection, we classify matches according to four risk levels.
- Low-risk matches (from 0 to10 %)
In this case, we suggest continuing the coverage.
- Medium-risk matches (from 10 to 50%)
Depending on the presence of risk factors, covering of matches may be either blocked or continued.
Let’s say, there is not much evidence to consider the match SFM or it’s mostly a low-class match. In this case, to stop covering the match won’t affect company’s reputation, or result in a significant financial loss. We leave the decision whether to continue or not to the users of SFM Detector.
- High-risk matches (from 50 to 90%)
In this case, there are reasonable grounds to consider the match SFM and it is not advised to accept bets on such matches. Some athletes or teams from this level of risk can be added to our blacklist after a detailed investigation.
- Critical risk matches (from 90 to 99%)
In case of the highest “level 4”, there is a combination of several factors confirming our suspicion and the athletes or the team is included in our blacklist after a thorough analysis. We strongly don’t advise covering such matches. However, we want to mention, that even the matches with the highest level of risk may end with an unexpected outcome. There may be SFMs, on which we have no bets accepted and we regard them as low-risk, but it should be noted, that these matches constitute a very low per cent.
The statistics on fixed matches detected and prevented by us in 2016 shows that the majority is in tennis (ITF 70%, Challenger 25%, ATP / WTA 5%), at approximately 65% (143 matches), followed by volleyball at 15% (33 matches), football at 9.1% (20 matches), table tennis at 5% (11 matches), basketball at 3.2% (7 matches), and other sports at 2.7% (6 matches).
Users of SFM Detector receive two types of signals from our experts in case of SFM detection. First is a warning signal followed by an information on risk level. After receiving the warning signal, it is necessary to block the match, and then, within 10 minutes’ time, our partners receive information regarding the risk level of the match. Every day, they also receive from our blacklist the names of athletes and teams playing that day.
We believe this product is highly effective against SFMs. It can even reduce losses from SFMs to such an extent that organizing fixed matches will become unprofitable. This product may essentially reduce the number of SFMs all over the world.